Subject: bug#25330: emacs -q always produces an emacs that was partially off screen.

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2017 08:25:38 +0100

> For the past 1000 years, doing
 > $ emacs -q
 > always produces an emacs that was partially off screen.

Could you, in that frame, please evaluate the following three forms:

(display-monitor-attributes-list)

(frame-geometry)

(frame-parameters)

and post the results here?

 > Today I read
 > http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/14159/how-do-i-find-the-window-dimensions-and-position-accurately-including-decoration
 > and I think the reason might be related to it.

Hardly.  Without any customizations, the first frame you see has 36
lines and 80 columns.  Emacs does not query the size of the workspace
and leaves it to the window manager to make the entire frame visible.

 > Yes I workaround it in http://jidanni.org/comp/configuration/ ,

The only frame-related setting I found there is that you maximize the
default frame.  Am I missing anything else?

Thanks, martin