Subject: bug#25327: cargo build-system should be able to filter out target.cfg(windows) dependencies

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 18:03:20 +0200

On 08-10-2022 16:15, zimoun wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 at 18:18, Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> I might try to implement these changes, although I do not have enough
>> time and experience to do that quickly, neither enough horsepower to try
>> to rebuild everything after that. I included Maxime Devos in the
>> conversation, would it be possible to fork guix to develop this and try
>> to rebuild every rust package after that on a guix build farm ? Sorry,
>> haven't got in touch with guix developers yet, still imposter's
>> syndrome effect, but implementing this doesn't seem too hard. What would
>> I need to do to get going on that ?
> 
> Just to know what is the status of this bug#25327 [1]?  Well, I have not
> followed closely some recent changes about Rust and Guix.  Maybe, some
> patches are already around?

antioxidant-build-system (*) automatically ignores all dependencies it 
can't find (including Windows dependencies), and as such solves this.

(*) close to 100%, the main remaining problem is lack of support for 
workspaces; I'm currently looking for packaging a topological sorting 
algorithm but it depends on other unpackaged things etc.  Other problems 
should be rather minor.

Greetings,
Maxime.