Subject: bug#2532 closed by David Reitter <[email-masked]> (fixed)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 16:35:07 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs,ns package:

#2532: NS: ns-expand-space / slider in Preferences dialog not functional

It has been closed by David Reitter <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact David Reitter <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
2532: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2532
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: fixed
From: David Reitter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 12:26:14 -0400

fixed by taking out Preferences dialog and ns-expand-space

Subject: NS: ns-expand-space / slider in Preferences dialog not functional
From: David Reitter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 18:52:10 -0500

Setting `ns-expand-space' doesn't work, and neither does changing its  
value via the slider the the preferences panel.

Also, the doc string of the above variable says that one shouldn't set  
it directly - if so, how is one supposed to (programmatically) set this?
Studying the source code (nsterm.m:setValuesFromPanel), it seems to me  
that setting the value should work just fine (I even tried calling ns- 
save-preferences).

This is with a vanilla 23/NS build from today's CVS.