Subject: Re: bug#25309: 11.89.8; multi-level script fontification stacks incorrectly

From: Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2017 17:58:10 +0000

> Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]> writes:
   > Hi Uwe,

   > That might indicate that you are working in a field of math where there
   > are few exponentiated expressions which are already exponentiated.  But
   > I don't think that exponents have grown out of vogue in general. ;-)

Well I really wish to see these publications, maybe in algebra. You are
really claiming that expressions of the sort a^b^c are frequent? I
rather say they are not, but we better leave that topic. 

   > Come on, reverting this broken feature doesn't move us back to the
   > middle ages.

Well that is the way I feel about it, in fact this feature was the last
reason, among others,  to convince me to change back to GNU emacs, which
I left at the time of  18.57.

   > "In fact, those will be displayed in a completely wrong way!" would be
   > more correct.

Whatever.

   > Let's use this compromise: I have already removed the feature but you
   > are free to put

   > into your ~/.emacs, and then scripts will be hidden again.  (You don't
   > need to configure `font-latex-fontify-script'.  Just let it on its
   > default value of t for Emacs.)

Ok fair enough I can live with that :-D, I thought the feature required
more hacking. You might receive more complains in the future, though,
:-D

Uwe