Subject: Re: bug#25309: 11.89.8; multi-level script fontification stacks incorrectly

From: Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2017 09:51:21 +0000

> Mosè Giordano <[email-masked]> writes:
   > Hi Gennady, Uwe & Mosè,

   > [CC'ing Uwe because I know he uses this feature.]

   > Does anyone of you have an older Emacs copy (22.x, 23.x, 24.x)
   > installed and can check what the results are with that?

Hm I run emacs -Q load a simple auctex-init file which uses my auctex
git version which I compiled with 25 (or 26 not sure))

In any case I obtain an error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function function-put)
  function-put(TeX--if-macro-fboundp lisp-indent-function 2)
  byte-code("\300\301\302\303#\210\304\301\305\306#\210\307\310!\210\311\312\313\"\207"
  [function-put TeX--if-macro-fboundp lisp-indent-function 2 put
  edebug-form-spec (symbolp form) require easymenu defalias
  TeX-maybe-remove-help #[(menu) "\207" [menu] 1 "Compatibility
  function that would remove :help entries if on XEmacs,\nbut does
  nothing in Emacs."]] 4) 
  require(tex)
  byte-code("\300\301!\210\300\302!\210\300\303!\207" [require tex tex-style tex-ispell] 2)
  command-execute(LaTeX-mode record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "LaTeX-mode")
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)

Maybe it would be better to use auctex from the package system, but I
have a problem with my init file, odd odd.

Any ideas?

Uwe