Subject: bug#25309: 11.89.8; multi-level script fontification stacks incorrectly

From: Mosè Giordano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 12:51:22 +0100

Hi Tassilo,

2017-01-05 11:11 GMT+01:00 Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>:
>
> I think I came up with a solution: fontify the script characters
> themselves with a custom face.

I like this solution, I'm starting to love the multi-level mode
(though I don't think I'll personally use many nested scripts)!
Fontifying those characters differently from the rest of the equation
is really effective and does solve the issue you mentioned in
invisible mode.

However, I don't think it completely solves the problem I reported,
just works around it ;-)  This is more evident in multi-level mode,
see the attached screenshot (I swear it's there this time!).  The
caret is (almost always) in the wrong position, compared to the number
it is raising.  In my opinion, the top of the caret should line up
with the top of what it raises, see the "^{2}" in the text line below
the equation.  Of course, something similar for the underscore.

Bye,
Mosè