Subject: bug#25309: 11.89.8; multi-level script fontification stacks incorrectly

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 20:08:47 +0100

Mosè Giordano <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Mosè,

> The bug, in my opinion, is that the "2" is slightly above of "^", and
> "3" is slightly below of "_".  In particular the subscript is more
> problematic because it looks like it's written "-3" (ok, in my example
> there are braces, ideally remove them).  My suggestion is just to put
> "^" and "_" at the same level as the scripts (as I think it was
> before, at least it looks like this).

No, the scripts have always been at the base level, just the sub/super
script formula was raised.  But you are right that when raising with a
factor of 0.5 especially the _ is pretty much in the middle of the
lowered formula thus could be confused with a minus.

Hm, also raising/lowering the ^ and _ seems to be a littlebit more
involved... I tried that once (and it was buggy) but I didn't try it
more because it didn't look good in my opinion (too small and somehow
strange).

Bye,
Tassilo