Subject: Re: bug#25309: 11.89.8; multi-level script fontification stacks incorrectly

From: Mosè Giordano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 11:11:40 +0100

Hi Tassilo,

2017-01-03 10:45 GMT+01:00 Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>:
> Gennady Uraltsev <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Yep! Looks fantastic!
>>>
>>> Absolutely great. :-D
>
> Ok, great.  Committed and pushed!  I'm closing this bug then.

Thank you, this is amazing!

A couple of requests:

1) could you please mention this feature in doc/changes.texi?

2) is it possible to set a limit to scaling?

    \(a^{b^{c^{d^{e^{f^{g^{h}}}}}}}\)

is hardly readable, see the attached screenshot (though it's uncommon
to have hyper-nested scripts).  This is unreadble also in the output
document, but I think that the source code should always be readable.
In my pixelated example, position of the baseline starts to be wrong
after the fifth nested script (but this depends on the font and its
size), maybe we can stop scaling after the ~4th nested script?

Bye,
Mosè