Subject: 26.0.50; Allow more catch-all values for cl-defmethod's &context plus major-mode specializer

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 11:13:40 -0800

When defining a method using cl-defmethod with the &context and
major-mode specializer, there should be more acceptable options for
catch-all or fall-through methods. Ie, we want to create a method that
fires regardless of the major mode. These signatures don't work, but
should:

(cl-defmethod example-method ((&context (major-mode fundamental-mode))))

(cl-defmethod example-method ((&context (major-mode nil)))

(cl-defmethod example-method ((&context (major-mode t))))

Right now the only thing that works is:

(cl-defmethod example-method ())

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.9 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.5)
 of 2016-12-26 built on clem
Repository revision: 65b997b95e284e2edc1266663e39791f68d76ad7
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
Recent messages:
Reading active file via nndraft...done
Reading active file from MTester via nnmairix...done
Checking new news...done
Saving the EBDB... done
Saving Gnus registry (4516 entries) to ~/Documents/Sync/plusone/gnus.registry.eieio...
Saving Gnus registry (size 4516) to ~/Documents/Sync/plusone/gnus.registry.eieio...done
Saving /home/eric/.emacs.d/.newsrc.eld...
Saving file /home/eric/.emacs.d/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/eric/.emacs.d/.newsrc.eld
Saving /home/eric/.emacs.d/.newsrc.eld...done

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 LIBSYSTEMD

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix