Subject: bug#25293: More descriptive page titles in documentation?

From: Andy Wingo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 22:56:09 +0100

On Thu 29 Dec 2016 19:43, [email-masked] writes:

> Frequently when I am working on guile code I have a few tabs open with
> particular sections of interest open. The titles of the pages all
> start with "Guile Reference Manual", which is not useful when
> switching between tabs. Would it be possible to retitle the pages so
> that the name of the section is first? For example, right now I have
> section 6.19.3 open and the title is "Guile Reference Manual: Creating
> Guile Modules". I also have section 6.20.6 open and the title is
> "Guile Reference Manual: Dynamic FFI". The names displayed in the tabs
> are both "Guile Referenc Man...". Rearranging the titles to be
> "Creating Guile Modules: Guile Reference Manual" and "Dynamic FFI:
> Guile Reference Manual" would make it easier to go directly to the tab
> with the information I need, rather than cycling through 4-5 different
> tabs to find the one I'm looking for.

Not a bad idea!  Probably we should take this one up with the makeinfo
people.

Andy