Subject: bug#25293: closed (Re: bug#25293: More descriptive page titles in documentation?)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2017 20:56:02 +0000

Your bug report

#25293: More descriptive page titles in documentation?

which was filed against the guile package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25293: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25293
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25293: More descriptive page titles in documentation?
From: Andy Wingo <[email-masked]>
To: Gavin Smith <[email-masked]>
Cc: Bryan Ferris <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Texinfo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2017 21:55:25 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Wed 01 Mar 2017 19:40, Gavin Smith <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 1 March 2017 at 14:49, Andy Wingo <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Hello Texinfo peoples,
>>
>> We have a suggestion that Guile's HTML manual, e.g.
>>
>>   https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/docs/master/guile.html/Procedures-as-Values.html#Procedures-as-Values
>>
>> should have the <title> be defined like:
>>
>>   Procedures as Values: Guile Reference Manual
>>
>> instead of
>>
>>   Guile Reference Manual: Procedures as Values
>>
>> Any thoughts on if this is possible and if so, how to get it working?
>
> I don't know if you can do it easily with any released version of
> Texinfo, but I changed the order on the suggestion of Bryan Ferris on
> 2017-01-21 in the development code. I believe it is now "Procedures as
> Values (Guile Reference Manual)" and will be output this way in the
> next release, if nothing changes before then.

That's great to hear :-)  We'll pick up this change when the next
release comes out.

Happy hacking,

Andy

Subject: More descriptive page titles in documentation?
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 10:43:27 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello, 
Frequently when I am working on guile code I have a few tabs open with
particular sections of interest open. The titles of the pages all
start with "Guile Reference Manual", which is not useful when
switching between tabs. Would it be possible to retitle the pages so
that the name of the section is first? For example, right now I have
section 6.19.3 open and the title is "Guile Reference Manual: Creating
Guile Modules". I also have section 6.20.6 open and the title is
"Guile Reference Manual: Dynamic FFI". The names displayed in the tabs
are both "Guile Referenc Man...". Rearranging the titles to be
"Creating Guile Modules: Guile Reference Manual" and "Dynamic FFI:
Guile Reference Manual" would make it easier to go directly to the tab
with the information I need, rather than cycling through 4-5 different
tabs to find the one I'm looking for.
Thanks,saffronsnail