Subject: Re: bug#25293: More descriptive page titles in documentation?

From: Andy Wingo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2017 15:49:31 +0100

Hello Texinfo peoples,

We have a suggestion that Guile's HTML manual, e.g.

  https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/docs/master/guile.html/Procedures-as-Values.html#Procedures-as-Values

should have the <title> be defined like:

  Procedures as Values: Guile Reference Manual

instead of

  Guile Reference Manual: Procedures as Values

Any thoughts on if this is possible and if so, how to get it working?

Cheers,

Andy

On Mon 09 Jan 2017 22:56, Andy Wingo <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu 29 Dec 2016 19:43, [email-masked] writes:
>
>> Frequently when I am working on guile code I have a few tabs open with
>> particular sections of interest open. The titles of the pages all
>> start with "Guile Reference Manual", which is not useful when
>> switching between tabs. Would it be possible to retitle the pages so
>> that the name of the section is first? For example, right now I have
>> section 6.19.3 open and the title is "Guile Reference Manual: Creating
>> Guile Modules". I also have section 6.20.6 open and the title is
>> "Guile Reference Manual: Dynamic FFI". The names displayed in the tabs
>> are both "Guile Referenc Man...". Rearranging the titles to be
>> "Creating Guile Modules: Guile Reference Manual" and "Dynamic FFI:
>> Guile Reference Manual" would make it easier to go directly to the tab
>> with the information I need, rather than cycling through 4-5 different
>> tabs to find the one I'm looking for.
>
> Not a bad idea!  Probably we should take this one up with the makeinfo
> people.
>
> Andy