Subject: Re: bug#25292: Ambiguity in doc string of defvar

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 20:57:22 +0000

Hello, Eli.

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 10:35:07PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 19:42:38 +0000
> > Cc: [email-masked]
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>

> >     If SYMBOL's value is void and the optional argument INITVALUE is
> >     provided, INITVALUE is evaluated and the result used to set SYMBOL.
>                                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> "...to set SYMBOL's value."

> >     If SYMBOL is buffer-local, its default value is what is set;
> >     buffer-local values are not affected.  If INITVALUE is missing,
> >     SYMBOL's value is not set.
 
> > What do you think?

> Other than that, LGTM, thanks.

OK.  I've made that correction, and committed the amended doc string.
I'm closing the bug as fixed.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).