Subject: bug#25282: closed (Re: bug#25282: emacs 25,1 crash w/bt)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 15:48:01 +0000

Your bug report

#25282: emacs 25,1 crash w/bt

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25282: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25282
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25282: emacs 25,1 crash w/bt
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Hlöðver Sigurðsson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 17:47:26 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Hlöðver Sigurðsson <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 14:47:19 +0100
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> I compiled from master branch on Savannah (hope I spelled it right), running on v 26.0.50.1 does not crash at
> all.
> 
> Thanks for that!

Thanks for testing, I'm therefore closing this bug.

Subject: emacs 25,1 crash w/bt
From: Hlöðver Sigurðsson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 12:21:32 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

My emacs 25.1 is crashing these days every 3 hours, irrelevant if Im
on my laptop or work computer, and if Im programming in C or
Clojure. Im always using Fedora, and I install emacs either by
compiling from sources or installed from dnf. Just a paste of my last
gdb crash backtrace: https://www.refheap.com/124399

Crashes are on my computer more likely when saveing or simply using the
cursor around a document. I have aggressive indent mode enabled, haven't
ruled that out yet. Looks to me still that something is not right in
intervals.c?

Thanks for all feedback, hope I don't have to downgrade my emacs.

Best,
Hlödver

(the beginning of the trace)
Thread 1 "emacs" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00000000005a0937 in balance_an_interval (i=0x685d630) at intervals.c:443
443    + RIGHT_TOTAL_LENGTH (i->left) - LEFT_TOTAL_LENGTH (i->left);
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000000005a0937 in balance_an_interval (i=0x685d630) at
intervals.c:443
#1  0x00000000005a0ba5 in balance_possible_root_interval
(interval=<optimized out>) at intervals.c:482
#2  0x00000000005a1749 in find_interval (tree=<optimized out>, position=0)
at intervals.c:673
#3  0x00000000005a4d8e in validate_interval_range (object=<optimized out>,
begin=begin@entry=0x7fffffff0028, end=end@entry=0x7fffffff0028,
force=force@entry=false) at textprop.c:192
#4  0x00000000005a4ffb in Ftext_properties_at (position=<optimized out>,
position@entry=2, object=<optimized out>, object@entry=34216612) at
textprop.c:568
#5  0x00000000005a506c in Fget_text_property (position=position@entry=2,
prop=prop@entry=20256, object=object@entry=34216612) at textprop.c:588
#6  0x00000000004b750c in face_at_string_position (w=<optimized out>,
string=34216612, pos=<optimized out>, bufpos=bufpos@entry=11967,
endptr=endptr@entry=0x7fffffff0158, base_face_id=22, mouse_p=false) at
xfaces.c:6081
#7  0x000000000043e33e in handle_face_prop (it=0x7fffffff61e0) at
xdisp.c:3974
#8  0x000000000043b8da in handle_stop (it=it@entry=0x7fffffff61e0) at
xdisp.c:3371