Subject: Connection to davmail over IMAP returns error

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2016 05:56:18 -0500

Hello,

This happens while configuring Gnus to connect to MS Exchange server
over davmail. I configured davmail to connect to MS Exchange. Davmail and
Gnus are on same machine. I checked through another email client
(Thunderbird) that the configuration in davmail is correct and I am able
to view the email.

Emacs is on Windows 7.

In Gnus I put in the below config in .gnus.el
(setq gnus-select-method '(nnml ""))
(setq mail-sources '((imap :server "127.0.0.1"
                            :port 1143
                            :authentication login
                            :user "myemailaddress"
                            :stream network)))

Tried to connect to the server (davmail) at localhost:1143 and got the
below stacktrace.

Here is the stacktrace,
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Imap-mailbox-data is nil, prop
recent value 0 mailbox nil buffer  *imap source*")
   signal(error ("Imap-mailbox-data is nil, prop recent value 0 mailbox
nil buffer  *imap source*"))
   error("Imap-mailbox-data is nil, prop %s value %s mailbox %s buffer
%s" recent 0 nil #<buffer  *imap source*>)
   imap-mailbox-put(recent 0)
   imap-parse-response()
   imap-arrival-filter(#<process imap> "* 0 RECENT\n* OK [UIDVALIDITY
1]\n* OK [UIDNEXT 14666]\n* FLAGS (\\Answered \\Deleted \\Draft
\\Flagged \\Seen $Forwarded Junk)\n* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\\Answered
\\Deleted \\Draft \\Flagged \\Seen $Forwarded Junk \\*)]\n3 OK
[READ-WRITE] SELECT completed\n")

Gnus v5.13
GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
  of 2013-03-18 on MARVIN

********************** IMPORTANT--PLEASE READ ************************ This electronic message, including its attachments, is CONFIDENTIAL and may contain PROPRIETARY or LEGALLY PRIVILEGED or PROTECTED information and is intended for the authorized recipient of the sender.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message or any of the information included in it is unauthorized and strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and permanently delete this message and its attachments, along with any copies thereof, from all locations received (e.g., computer, mobile device, etc.).  Thank you. ************************************************************************