Subject: bug#25265: [PATCH] Rework NS event handling (bug#25265)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 18:25:58 +0200

> Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 16:09:30 +0000
> From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> Here we go. This seems to work. It turns out there are trade‐offs
> between the GUI and network performance. If I remove
> NSApp:nextEventMatchingMask from ns_select, eww loads web pages
> *significantly* faster, but the scrollbars become effectively
> unusable.

Wow, thanks a lot!

I cannot review the patch, as I don't really understand the details.
So I suggest to push this and see if users report bugs.

(I presume you have run all the tests, including those in
test/src/thread-tests.el and those posted in the few recent
discussions related to thread-related problems.  If not, I very much
recommend that you do that, to see if the new code passes these
"entry-level" tests.)