Subject: bug#25260: closed (Re: bug#25260: 25.1; cd change global variables permanently)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2016 06:45:01 +0000

Your bug report

#25260: 25.1; cd change global variables permanently

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25260: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25260
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25260: 25.1; cd change global variables permanently
From: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2016 14:44:23 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

version: 25.2

Subject: 25.1; cd change global variables permanently
From: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 22:50:59 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

As a fix to https://debbugs.gnu.org/7924 `cd' changes
minibuffer-completion-table and minibuffer-completion-predicate
globally. That looks like a mistake. Stefan, did you intend to write
setq-local instead?

I only discovered this because icomplete installs a post-command-hook if
minibuffer-completion-table is non-nil which has been annoying me for
two days.

Happy holidays,
Leo