Subject: bug#25258: Bashisms in make rules

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 19:34:51 +0200

Vincent,

Vincent Legoll 写道：
> I don't know guix team's stance on that kind ow work (I still 
> have not
> polished my work enough for review). But it looks like you 
> stumbled on
> some painful items, that ought to be resolved one way or the 
> other.

The only reason for Guix to have any shell code at all is to run 
in places where Guile isn't (yet) available.  Therefore it should 
be portable between GNU systems, or it might as well be Guile.  I 
don't believe GNU implies bash.

> It would be nice to hear that those are actionable items that 
> will
> receive positive feedback before doing substantial work. (Looks 
> like
> I should have asked that earlier, before falling into the rabbit
> hole...)

Big upz from me.  Thanks for being proactive :-)

The challenge is keeping new bashisms out, so sudo please try to 
include some automated tests.  Maybe you can use shellcheck; our 
test suite could use a GHC dependency.

Kind regards,

T G-R