Subject: Re: bug#25256: A lot of tests failed when building guix 0.12.0 from source

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 16:36:14 -0500

On Sat, Dec 24, 2016 at 06:56:24AM +0000, Alex Vong wrote:
> Hello Guix,

Hi!

> Congratulation on guixsd moving to beta, maybe I should try it during
> the holiday!
> 
> A tarball with all the test logs archived is in the attachment. As
> usual, the tests are run on Debian Testing with 'uname -a' outputting
> 'Linux debian 4.8.0-2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.8.11-1 (2016-12-02) x86_64
> GNU/Linux'

Thanks for the report!

I think something is fishy with the test set-up, although I'm not sure
what.

For example, this is the contents of guix-daemon.log:

1 + set -e
2 + guix-daemon --version
3 guix-daemon: unrecognized option '--version'
4 Try `guix-daemon --help' or `guix-daemon --usage' for more information.
5 FAIL tests/guix-daemon.sh (exit status: 64)

My guix-daemon does accept the '--version' option.

Can you say how you built Guix and give some more information about the
environment the tests ran in? For example, did you use `guix
environment`?

For the record, I also tried it on Debian testing with a 4.8.x kernel on
x86_64, and my only test failure is tests/syscalls.scm, which I'm going
to look into :)