Subject: bug#25254: [minor] 'About' page says GuixSD is a "GNU/Linux distribution"

From: [email-masked] (Taylan Ulrich Bayırlı/Kammer)
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 22:24:07 +0100

[email-masked] (Taylan Ulrich "Bayırlı/Kammer") writes:

> It would be better to be consistent with the home page and make clear
> that GuixSD is a GNU distribution, with Linux-libre being the default
> kernel for the foreseeable future.

Here's a patch to the guix-artwork repo to make the change.

>From 9efbe9a4e7bba28aa593310ef537302dff909e0c Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: =?UTF-8?q?Taylan=20Ulrich=20Bay=C4=B1rl=C4=B1/Kammer?=
 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 22:14:18 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] website: about: Say "GNU" not "GNU/Linux".

* website/www/about.scm (about-page): Say that GuixSD is a "GNU
  distribution" and not a "GNU/Linux distribution".  This is consistent
  with the home page.
---
 website/www/about.scm | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/website/www/about.scm b/website/www/about.scm
index 38f3a1e..4694c08 100644
--- a/website/www/about.scm
+++ b/website/www/about.scm
@@ -48,8 +48,8 @@ volunteers around the world under the umbrella of the "
 		      "GNU Project") ".  "
                       " This is the official web site for both projects. ")
 
-                (p "GuixSD is a GNU/Linux distribution committed to
-respecting and enhancing "
+                (p "GuixSD is a GNU distribution committed to respecting
+and enhancing "
                    (a (@ (href ,(gnu-url "philosophy/free-sw.html")))
                       "the freedom of its users")
                    ".  As such, it adheres to the "
-- 
2.10.2