Subject: bug#25254: [minor] 'About' page says GuixSD is a "GNU/Linux distribution"

From: [email-masked] (Taylan Ulrich Bayırlı/Kammer)
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 21:55:38 +0100

David Craven <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I don't think this is the place to discuss that particular issue at
>> large.  That can be done on Wikipedia, or elsewhere.
>
>> I think the Guix project authors probably agree on GuixSD being defined
>> as a GNU distribution.  The question is whether or not to make the About
>> page consistent with that.
>
> Ah sorry, I misunderstood your intention. I thought this was about
> changing a Wikipedia article.

No problem.

Using accurate terminology on Wikipedia is an intention of mine, and
changing the About page (and the FSF's endorsed distros page) not to
call GuixSD a GNU/Linux distro would help in that regard, but it's
arguably a petty issue so I don't intend to bother others with it. :-)
(And a guix bug report wouldn't be the place to discuss it anyway.)

Taylan