Subject: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! GRUB1 and GRUB2

From: Gennadii Kondratiev <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 20:20:11 +0300

#Hello!
#
#Thanks for your kind words and encouragement!
#
#As far as GRUB is concerned, please email [email-masked] detailed
#information about what you expected and what you get (wrong behavior,
#error messages, etc.), and how one can reproduce it.  This information
#is crucial in allowing us to debug and fix the problems you experience.
#
#Thanks for your support!
#
#Ludo’.

I wrote to Ludovic Cortes that you should include Legacy Grub into GNU
packages, because it can be installed in any place (e.g., on the root
partition), but Grub 2 has this feature blocked by default (at least, all
people in the Internet say so). Or it would be better to unblock this
feature in Grub2. Even with the powerful Grub people can make less harm to
their conputers than, for example, with fdisk, which you like and include
everywhere.

I installed GuixSD with big difficulties, and at the end I could not boot
it. Of course, I booted via Aptosid Grub, but it is not very nice to use a
bootloader from another OS.

You do very amazing and advanced things and do not worry about some simple
things. A good bootloader is important.

Just, please, recover the ability of Grub 2 to write on the disk. At now
moment it says that it needs to calculate block sizes, something like that.
When people write --force option, it says that everything is ok, but in
reality it does not write on the disk.

Happy New Year!

Gennadii.