Subject: Re: bug#25240: weechat-1.6: curl error 60

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 12:10:01 +0100

Hello,

Hank Donnay <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Weechat seems to be unable to do HTTPS, and fails with "curl error 60".
> Setting SSL_CERT_{DIR,FILE} doesn't make a difference. The actual error is:
>
>     script: error downloading list of scripts: curl error 60 (server
> certificate verification failed. CAfile: none CRLfile: none) (URL: "
> https://weechat.org/files/plugins.xml.gz")
>
> I have nss-certs installed, and the files pointed to
> ($GUIX_PROFILE/etc/ssl/certs and
> $GUIX_PROFILE/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt) both exist.
>
> Any pointers on where to look to fix this would be appreciated.

Weechat uses libcurl, which uses GnuTLS and does not honor
‘SSL_CERT_DIR’, ‘SSL_CERT_FILE’, and ‘CURL_CA_BUNDLE’.

Instead, GnuTLS defaults to looking for certificates in /etc/ssl/certs,
and it is up to the application to search for certificates in additional
places.

This has been discussed at
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-01/msg00516.html>
but there’s no good solution yet.

Thanks,
Ludo’.