Subject: bug#25240: closed (Fixed on core-updates)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 19:10:01 +0000

Your bug report

#25240: libcurl does not honor SSL_CERT_DIR et al.

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25240: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25240
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Fixed on core-updates
From: Jakub Kądziołka <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 20:10:15 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

A patch that fixes this landed on core-updates, see #38873. A follow-up
bug regarding some cleanup is #39415.

Subject: weechat-1.6: curl error 60
From: Hank Donnay <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 17:08:32 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Weechat seems to be unable to do HTTPS, and fails with "curl error 60".
Setting SSL_CERT_{DIR,FILE} doesn't make a difference. The actual error is:

    script: error downloading list of scripts: curl error 60 (server
certificate verification failed. CAfile: none CRLfile: none) (URL: "
https://weechat.org/files/plugins.xml.gz")

I have nss-certs installed, and the files pointed to
($GUIX_PROFILE/etc/ssl/certs and
$GUIX_PROFILE/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt) both exist.

Any pointers on where to look to fix this would be appreciated.