Subject: bug#25228: 25.1; GNU emacs 25.1: custom-set-faces from init file ~/.emacs ignored

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 21:20:49 +0100

> Somebody with access to an effected system should debug this some day.

Back then that idea stalled after

 > OK.  Below you'll get more than you asked for.  The breakpoint is hit
 > four times, the third (with a value of 15) when my .emacs is read and
 > the fourth (with a value of 18 again) when the
 > ‘dynamic-setting-handle-config-changed-event’ is processed (the fourth
 > is the one I posted before).

and your answer

 > Thanks, I will look into that and see what it tells.

IIUC all this ‘dynamic-setting-handle-config-changed-event’ mechanism is
about detecting changes applied to GConf and/or GSettings on the fly and
applying them to the running Emacs session.  Such configuration settings
should never override anything specified by the user in her .emacs.  The
mechanism was virtually inoperative for four years until Paul changed an
innocuous parameter descriptor.  So this mechanism has never been tested
in all those years ...

martin