Subject: bug#25228: 25.1; GNU emacs 25.1: custom-set-faces from init file ~/.emacs ignored

From: Rostislav Svoboda <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 12:03:35 +0100

>>> , we'd like you to
>>> apply a small patch and see if the problem goes away.  Is it okay?
>>
>> Yes. Gladly.
>
> Please try the attached.

The patch works! The font-height stays the same.

FYI - this is most probably unrelated to the font-height problem, anyway:
1. On my "font-height-works" machine (Ubuntu 16.10) the first invocation of:
    ./src/emacs -q --eval "(set-face-attribute 'default nil :height 40)" &
creates a rather small frame (I mean gtk window). The consequent
invocations of this
command create frames of normal size.

2. On my "font-height-works" machine the command above produces warnings:

** (emacs:21762): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus:
Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-CV9wAFvBnL: Connection refused

(emacs:21762): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_distribute_natural_allocation:
assertion 'extra_space >= 0' failed

where the "... Gtk-CRITICAL ..." line gets repeated

3. On my "font-height-buggy" machine (Ubuntu 16.10 in VirtBox under Windows 7) I
always get small frames of the same size and I never see any Gtk errors or
warnings.

Cheers Bost