Subject: bug#25219: 26.0.50; ispell failing

From: jpff <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 19:54:49 +0000

Load a text file (I used cvte but every file I have tried failed)

run M-x ispell-buffer

watch it fail on fist word not in dictionry

I use ispell before sending mail (dyslexia and sspect keyboad)

een this way fo a week or so

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.14 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.31)
 of 2016-12-17 built on birtwistle
Repository revision: b03ce060cae90836b0627e283ea563abaf3f39e9
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11601000
System Description:	openSUSE 13.2 (Harlequin) (x86_64)

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Starting new Ispell process /usr/bin/ispell with default dictionary...
Spell-checking cv.tex using ispell with default dictionary...done
ispell-process-line: Ispell misalignment: word ‘Claverton’ point 873; probably incompatible versions
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --with-gnutls=no'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: LaTeX

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message subr-x puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils ispell tex-mode compile shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring latexenc time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 110726 6329)
 (symbols 48 21197 0)
 (miscs 40 47 140)
 (strings 32 22429 4603)
 (string-bytes 1 707286)
 (vectors 16 15262)
 (vector-slots 8 462613 2777)
 (floats 8 186 84)
 (intervals 56 383 0)
 (buffers 976 13)
 (heap 1024 37577 1064))