Subject: Re: bug#25218: flyspell.el tidy-up: remove XEmacs support and fix a spelling mistake

From: Agustin Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 19:45:02 +0100

2016-12-17 20:14 GMT+01:00 Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>:

> The attached patches remove XEmacs support from flyspell.el (flyspell.el
> has been an integral part of GNU Emacs for some time, so our version does
> not need to support XEmacs), and renames an internal defun whose name was
> incorrectly spelt: flyspell-ajust-cursor-point (ajust → adjust).
>

Thanks for dealing with this,

For some time I tried to keep ispell.el and flyspell.el supporting XEmacs,
so I could use the same file with minimal patches in Debian. However, since
ispell.el and flyspell.el started using the cl- stuff this was no longer
possible (hopefully for good), so Debian Emacs uses now its own ispell.el
and flyspell.el and XEmacs old stuff still provided by dictionaries.common
Debian package.

So I agree that it is no longer meaningful to keep XEmacs stuff flying
around.

-- 
Agustin