Subject: bug#25208: 24.5; man output uses wrong width

From: Mark Oteiza <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 11:57:42 -0500

Olaf Dietsche <[email-masked]> writes:

> I use a wide display and Emacs full-screen.
>
> - emacs -Q
> - Make the Emacs frame full-screen, so it is wider than high and shows
>   only one window.
> - M-x man RET ps RET -- any command works
>
> Now the frame will be split into two windows side by side, one showing
> the man page of `ps`. The man page will contain long lines, which are
> truncated instead of wrapped around. You can see the whole lines, when
> you scroll horizontally, of course.
>
> This will not happen, if the frame is already split horizontally in two
> equal wide windows. When you move the vertical divider to the left or
> right and invoke another man command, you can see, that man always uses
> the width of the starting window instead of the target (displaying)
> window.

This was fixed before the latest release in a4b0fffe25. See the bugs
mentioned in this commit (Bug#2588, bug#5054, bug#9084, bug#17831).