Subject: bug#25208: 24.5; man output uses wrong width

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 19:00:07 +0200

> From: Olaf Dietsche <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 14:08:13 +0100
> 
> I use a wide display and Emacs full-screen.
> 
> - emacs -Q
> - Make the Emacs frame full-screen, so it is wider than high and shows
>   only one window.
> - M-x man RET ps RET -- any command works
> 
> Now the frame will be split into two windows side by side, one showing
> the man page of `ps`. The man page will contain long lines, which are
> truncated instead of wrapped around. You can see the whole lines, when
> you scroll horizontally, of course.
> 
> This will not happen, if the frame is already split horizontally in two
> equal wide windows. When you move the vertical divider to the left or
> right and invoke another man command, you can see, that man always uses
> the width of the starting window instead of the target (displaying)
> window.

This is the intended behavior.  What would you like to see instead?

Thanks.