Subject: Re: bug#25204: 25.1.50; I can't change the scroll-lock setting when Emacs has the focus

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 20:03:43 +0200

> From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 22:40:25 +0100
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > If you set w32-scroll-lock-modifier to t, does that produce the
> > behavior you expect?
> 
> Yes.

OK, I documented how to get the behavior you wanted, and I'm marking
this bug done.

> FWIW: IMO, the default behavior should be let the scroll-lock key
> toggle the scroll-lock status.  Definitely.

Well, as I said, this was changed from t to nil 7 years ago, see
bug#2827.  The reason that was done seems no longer be pertinent, but
still, we had this default since then, so I don't think we should
change it.

Thanks.