Subject: bug#25204: 25.1.50; I can't change the scroll-lock setting when Emacs has the focus

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 22:40:25 +0100

> That was the default behavior since Emacs 23.2; I guess very few users
> really press that key or care about the results.

I agree, because otherwise a bug report like this would have been filed earlier.

In fact, I also don't use that key for anything.  I found this bug
while investigating another problem: In my office PC, the scroll-lock
state sometimes, somehow, ends up being "ON" (without pressing the
scroll-lock key).  That annoys me while working in MS-Excel, and I
suspect that Emacs has something to do with that phenomenon.  But I
still haven't found a recipe to report that problem.

> If you set w32-scroll-lock-modifier to t, does that produce the
> behavior you expect?

Yes.

>  If so, I prefer to update the doc string to
> mention this setting, rather than change back 7-year old behavior.

FWIW: IMO, the default behavior should be let the scroll-lock key
toggle the scroll-lock status.  Definitely.

Thanks.

-- 
Dani Moncayo