Subject: Re: bug#25204: 25.1.50; I can't change the scroll-lock setting when Emacs has the focus

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 16:44:53 +0200

> From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 16:52:44 +0100
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> I expect the <scroll> key to *always* toggle the "scroll lock"
> (system-wide) state, which is the behavior I've ever seen, with the
> only exception reported here.
> 
> It doesn't make any sense to me that Emacs, when focused, blocks the
> current "scroll lock" state.  To me, this is definitely unexpected
> (annoying) behavior.

That was the default behavior since Emacs 23.2; I guess very few users
really press that key or care about the results.

If you set w32-scroll-lock-modifier to t, does that produce the
behavior you expect?  If so, I prefer to update the doc string to
mention this setting, rather than change back 7-year old behavior.

Thanks.