Subject: Re: bug#25203: [cjk] Fwd: HELP with emacs 25.1 and cjk-enc.el

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 10:02:37 +0200

> Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 22:57:50 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Hin-Tak Leung <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> -              (message "Converting: %2d%%"
> -                       (/ (* 100 (point)) (point-max)))))
> +              (let ((coding-system-for-write 'cjk-coding))
> +                (message "Converting: %2d%%"
> +                         (/ (* 100 (point)) (point-max))))))

I don't think using cjk-coding is correct here, you should use
locale-coding-system instead.  This message is going to be output to
the user's terminal, so the encoding it should use is that of the
terminal, which is most likely locale-coding-system.

You could also use 'us-ascii', since this particular message is
pure-ASCII.

Encoding a message in cjk-coding will fail if the user's terminal
cannot display some characters encoded with it.