Subject: Re: bug#25201: [PATCH] gnu: Patch mumble to disable statistic gathering by default.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 17:03:14 +0100

Hi Jack,

Jack Hill <[email-masked]> writes:
> I'm trying to follow along, and learn some things about making Guix
> packages. One question I have after seeing this change is how did you
> decide whether to make this change in the source definition (with a
> patch or a snippet) or in a phase during the build?

Well, I saw the substitute* of a #include header
(fix-libspeechd-include) in the phase, but the removing of dirs in the
source definition and I thought, ok, it might make more sense this way.
(because, eg, the phase names (fix-libspeechd-include,
fix-statistic-gathering-default etc) could be printed in the log etc)

This decition was more a "it feels better" than knowledge, because I'm
new to guix and scheme and love to learn (by doing) ;)

Regards
mike

-- 
I have seen the needle and the damage done
and every junkie is like a setting sun.
   -- Neil Young