Subject: bug#25200: guix lint throws gnutls error

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 09:57:45 -0800

Hi Ludovic!

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> What is the value of SSL_CERT_DIR?  Could it be that the directory it
> points to contains dangling symlinks?

The value of SSL_CERT_DIR is "/etc/ssl/certs".

Looking for dangling symlinks, I got:

find /etc/ssl/certs/ -xtype l
/etc/ssl/certs/T??RKTRUST_Elektronik_Sertifika_Hizmet_Sa??lay??c??s??_H6:2.6.125.161.242.101.236.138.pem
/etc/ssl/certs/Certinomis_-_Autorit??_Racine:2.1.1.pem
/etc/ssl/certs/T??B??TAK_UEKAE_K??k_Sertifika_Hizmet_Sa??lay??c??s??_-_S??r??m_3:2.1.17.pem
/etc/ssl/certs/T??RKTRUST_Elektronik_Sertifika_Hizmet_Sa??lay??c??s??_H5:2.7.0.142.23.254.36.32.129.pem
/etc/ssl/certs/NetLock_Arany_=Class_Gold=_F??tan??s??tv??ny:2.6.73.65.44.228.0.16.pem
/etc/ssl/certs/AC_Ra??z_Certic??mara_S.A.:2.15.7.126.82.147.123.224.21.227.87.240.105.140.203.236.12.pem

It seems this could be related to the non-ascii characters in the
certificates?

Upon further reading of bug 25213 created by Christopher Baines, I'm
pretty sure those are the same issues. I see that a workaround was
committed in 580deec5b44d623e994e59ef07e9e0c5496762fd, which will ignore
the broken symlinks. Shouldn't Guix be able to handle non-ascii
characters in the default install?

And is this what you fixed in 1af0860e8 by having the profiles built in a
UTF-8 locale?

I've rebuilt Guix with the latest commits and can lint packages again.
I guess both these issues (25200, 25213) can me marked as "Fixed" (not
sure how to do that via the email interface yet -- it seems I should read
https://debbugs.gnu.org/server-control.html).

Thanks for the fixes!

Maxim