Subject: bug#2520: 23.0.91; Dies on SIGHUP

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 16:05:44 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> I guess SIGUSR1 and 2 are also taken...
>
> Not really: they're turned into input events and one of them can be used
> for `debug-on-event` but the other is free.
>
>> So do we actually want to do anything here?  Simply re-reading the
>> configuration comes with its own set of complications for us.
>
> BTW, if someone wants to re-read their init file upon SIGUSR1, they can
> do so via something like:
>
>     (define-key special-event-map [sigusr1] <...>)

But should Emacs offer something along these lines by default?  I think
it makes some sense to do so, because people only think about adding
this after the first time they need it.  (Well, after the third time,
because we're too lazy to do it the first couple times around, and just
swear a lot instead.)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no