Subject: bug#25196: mention how to see top or middle of each yank-pop

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 17:35:32 +0300

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> FWIW, here is battle-tested (i.e. use for many years) command
>> that allows looking at the top or middle of each yank-pop before yanking:
>
> What I'd really like (as a new feature) would be to be able to `M-y' and
> then do any other non-editing command, and then be able to continue the
> `M-y' as if I'd not done anything.  Perhaps as a new command, or perhaps
> as just how `M-y' should always behave.
>
> The latter might sound like a controversial behavioural change, but
> `M-y' currently just signals an error in that situation, so I guess the
> impact would be minimal.  (I.e., having `M-y' error out in that
> situation is probably not in anybody's work flow?)

FWIW, see some slightly related discussion in the following thread:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-03/msg00650.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-03/msg01176.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-03/msg01194.html

Thanks,

-- 
Basil