Subject: Re: bug#25196: mention how to see top or middle of each yank-pop

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2019 13:06:17 +0200

On Jul 28 2019, Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> FWIW, here is battle-tested (i.e. use for many years) command
>> that allows looking at the top or middle of each yank-pop before yanking:
>
> What I'd really like (as a new feature) would be to be able to `M-y' and
> then do any other non-editing command, and then be able to continue the
> `M-y' as if I'd not done anything.  Perhaps as a new command, or perhaps
> as just how `M-y' should always behave.

It could be bound to M-0 M-y, which would normally be a no-op.  It could
reestablish the yank-pop sequence, without modifying anything.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1
"And now for something completely different."