Subject: bug#25182: closed (Re: bug#25182: 26.0.50; Incorrect key bindings in info section "Interactive Highlighting")

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 22:55:02 +0000

Your bug report

#25182: 26.0.50; Incorrect key bindings in info section "Interactive Highlighting"

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25182: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25182
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25182: 26.0.50; Incorrect key bindings in info section "Interactive Highlighting"
From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
To: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 22:54:28 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> schrieb am Mo., 12. Dez. 2016 um 23:26 Uhr:

> Philipp Stephani wrote:
>
> > In the manual, section 14.13 "Interactive Highlighting", a couple of key
> > bindings starting with C-x w are shown.  These bindings apparently don't
> > exist (C-x w is undefined).
>
> They do exist in hi-lock mode, which is what the section is about.
> The text even says that they are deprecated in favour of global bindings.
> So by implication, they are not themselves global.
> So I don't see a bug here.
>

Yes, I was apparently just confused. Closing.

Subject: 26.0.50; Incorrect key bindings in info section "Interactive Highlighting"
From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 13:52:32 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In the manual, section 14.13 "Interactive Highlighting", a couple of key
bindings starting with C-x w are shown.  These bindings apparently don't
exist (C-x w is undefined).

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.23 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2016-12-12 built on localhost
Repository revision: fc0fd24c105bde4c001ebebe4b8b7e1f96cd2871
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Composing main Info directory...done
Mark saved where search started
mwheel-scroll: Beginning of buffer [2 times]
C-x w is undefined

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --enable-checking
 --enable-check-lisp-object-type 'CFLAGS=-ggdb3 -O0''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS FREETYPE XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message subr-x puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa
derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
misearch multi-isearch info easymenu time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 124639 8357)
 (symbols 48 20553 0)
 (miscs 40 356 272)
 (strings 32 23201 4606)
 (string-bytes 1 715450)
 (vectors 16 15324)
 (vector-slots 8 466147 4937)
 (floats 8 186 106)
 (intervals 56 3740 1)
 (buffers 976 13)
 (heap 1024 28735 1074))

-- 
Google Germany GmbH
Erika-Mann-Straße 33
80636 München

Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Matthew Scott Sucherman, Paul Terence Manicle

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich.  Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind,
leiten Sie diese bitte nicht weiter, informieren Sie den Absender und löschen
Sie die E-Mail und alle Anhänge.  Vielen Dank.

This e-mail is confidential.  If you are not the right addressee please do not
forward it, please inform the sender, and please erase this e-mail including
any attachments.  Thanks.