Subject: Re: [PATCH v6] gnu: python-sphinx: Update to 1.4.8.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 13:34:21 +0100

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:

> Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> * gnu/packages/python.scm (python-sphinx)[version]: Update to 1.4.8.
>>   [source]: Use pypi-uri.
>>   [propagated-inputs]: Add python-imagesize, python-sphinx-alabaster-theme,
>>   python-babel, python-snowballstemmer, python-six.
>>   [properties]: Add python2-variant.
>> (python2-sphinx)[native-inputs]: Add python2-mock.
>>   [propagated-inputs]: Add python2-pytz.
>
> LGTM, thanks! As per the prior discussion, it should be applied in the
> 'python-tests' branch. Since it requires some packages only present in
> 'master', it will have to wait until the remaining failures are fixed.
>
> Then we can merge master, add this patch and start a new evaluation.

Leo: I'm unable to reproduce the Hydra failures, so I decided to merge
master so we can restart this branch. However, Savannah refuses the push
for no good reason!

$ git reset --hard savannah/python-tests
$ git merge master
$ <fix two conflicts>
$ git push -v savannah python-tests
Pushing to [email-masked]:/srv/git/guix.git
error: failed to push some refs to [email-masked]:/srv/git/guix.git'

Any ideas? The merged branch is 687 commits ahead.

You can try the merge yourself, the local.mk conflict is easy and in
bioinformatics.scm you want to keep [arguments] and not [native-inputs].

I suppose we could rebase it and force-push, but it seems heavy-handed.

Danny: I cannot apply the sphinx update patch for some reason. Did you
use git-send-email? In any case, since you will have commit access soon,
can you please push it to the 'python-tests' branch once this merge is
resolved. Then we can start a new evaluation and hopefully do the last
round of fixes :-)