Subject: Re: bug#25177: Test failures don't cause some Python packages to fail

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 12:14:29 -0500

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 03:02:20PM +0100, Marius Bakke wrote:
> Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 10:26:45AM +0100, Marius Bakke wrote:
> >> All failures from this run should be fixed, and then some. Can you
> >> restart it?
> >
> > Done, thanks for working on this!
> 
> Most of the current failures should now be fixed as well. Do you think
> another Hydra run is necessary? I would like to merge this before the
> release, so I think any remaining failures can be handled directly on
> master for more visibility and testing. WDYT?

There are still ~4000 queued builds:

https://hydra.gnu.org/eval/109396?full=1#tabs-unfinished

I'd like to wait for it to be closer to done before merging.

I think it's okay to release without these changes because, in practice,
the bug in question doesn't cause problems for people who are using our
packages, right? My understanding is that people installing from 0.12.0
won't have large numbers of Python packages that fail to build, since we
are dealing with spurious test successes.

It's certainly not desirable to release with this bug, but will there be
"real" problems for users?

What do you think?