Subject: Re: bug#25172: 26.0.50; Concurrency feature, sit-for doesn't work (crashing and unexpected behaviour)

From: Elias Mårtenson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 11:30:54 +0800

On 15 December 2016 at 00:12, Elias Mårtenson <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On 15 December 2016 at 00:03, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>
>> Thanks.  Does the patch below help in any way with these crashes?
>>
>> If not, it sounds like I'm out of my depth here.  The crashes you show
>> are deep in the bowels of Glib called by GTK; reading the (annoyingly
>> minimal) documentation of those APIs, I sense the danger of some basic
>> issue with calling these APIs from several threads.  If what the GTK
>> documentation tells everything there is to it, then the patch below
>> should fix these problems.  But if not, then I guess we will need help
>> from a GTK expert.
>>
>
> After applying that patch, it hasn't crashed yet. So either it fixes the
> problem, or it's simply buch harder to reproduce. So far so good. Thanks a
> lot!
>

I want to note that the thing that seems to fix it is the application of
the most recent suggestion. In other words, if I roll back the application
of the previous suggestion (removing the calls to
clock_input()/unblock_input()) it still seems to be stable.

Regards,
Elias