Subject: bug#25167: 26.0.50; build fails!

From: Kay Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 01:46:39 -0800

build fails using make.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.6 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2016-12-09 built on INDRA
Repository revision: 57a77f833e37abe2f7936585e9915b6947e3564a
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version
11.0.11501000
System Description:     Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa

Recent messages:
Desktop: 3 buffers restored, 1 to restore lazily.
Loading /root/.emacs.d/recentf...done
Warning: /root/.emacs.d/init.el is newer than /root/.emacs.d/init.elc
Desktop: 3 buffers restored, 1 to restore lazily.
Loading /root/.emacs.d/framegeometry...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-M-h C-a.
Desktop lazily opening default-functions.el (1 remaining)...done
Lazy desktop load complete
Saved text from "
./temacs --batch  --load loadup bootstr"

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr/local/lib/emacs/ --sysconfdir=/etc
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --libexecdir=/usr/local/lib/ --localstatedir=/usr/local/var
 --enable-largefile --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-sound=yes
 --with-modules --with-file-notification=yes 'CFLAGS=-march=native
 -ffast-math -Os''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11
MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: 1
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
  tabbar-mode: t
  smooth-scroll-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug sendmail cursor-sensor user-profile server
default-profile default-ui recentf sort vc-dispatcher vc-svn sh-script
smie executable desktop frameset avoid paren warnings hl-line
default-faces default-keymap delsel cua-base default-run default-restart
default-modes default-platform default-unix default-flymake
default-flymake-go default-flymake-csharp default-flymake-ruby
default-flymake-js default-flymake-py default-flymake-java
default-flymake-shell default-run-assoc run-assoc default-tempo
default-tempo-rexx default-tempo-sh default-tempo-go default-tempo-js
default-tempo-java default-tempo-perl default-tempo-elisp
default-tempo-c-cpp default-menu default-help default-options elec-pair
default-tools default-search default-format default-view
aquamacs-cmm-menu default-edit default-file default-generic savehist
flymake compile comint ansi-color autorevert filenotify autoinsert
default-functions default-autoload markdown-mode thingatpt noutline
outline jison-mode bison-mode cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs flex-mode aquamacs-tabbar
cus-start cus-load aquamacs-tools tabbar restore-last-frame-size
syslog-mode hide-lines web-mode disp-table vimrc-mode go-autocomplete
go-mode-autoloads neotree smooth-scroll aok fill-column-indicator
tempbuf auto-complete-config auto-complete edmacro kmacro popup
undo-tree diff alarm-clock multi-shell windata tree-mode tree-widget
imenu imenu-tree tempo saveplace google-translate
google-translate-default-ui google-translate-core-ui ido
google-translate-core google-translate-tk url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap json map psvn advice wid-edit cl log-edit message subr-x puny
dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader ring pcvs-util add-log diff-mode
easy-mmode eol-conversion default-path finder-inf package epg-config
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 230583 18282)
 (symbols 24 34311 0)
 (miscs 20 132 268)
 (strings 16 60939 6345)
 (string-bytes 1 1900598)
 (vectors 8 29986)
 (vector-slots 4 646446 16884)
 (floats 8 376 179)
 (intervals 28 792 0)
 (buffers 520 17)
 (heap 1024 25009 1156))

this is the build error message:

./temacs --batch  --load loadup bootstrap
Loading loadup.el (source)...
Using load-path (/usr/local/src/sdm/emacs/trunk/lisp
/usr/local/src/sdm/emacs/trunk/lisp/emacs-lisp
/usr/local/src/sdm/emacs/trunk/lisp/language
/usr/local/src/sdm/emacs/trunk/lisp/international
/usr/local/src/sdm/emacs/trunk/lisp/textmodes
/usr/local/src/sdm/emacs/trunk/lisp/vc)
Loading emacs-lisp/byte-run (source)...
Loading emacs-lisp/backquote (source)...
Loading subr (source)...
Fatal error 6: Aborted
Backtrace:
./temacs[0x810c673]
./temacs[0x80f9059]
./temacs[0x810bf24]
./temacs[0x813e838]
./temacs[0x819799b]
./temacs[0x813df2f]
./temacs[0x8197f91]
./temacs[0x813f214]
./temacs[0x8150b8b]
./temacs[0x8151057]
./temacs[0x81512de]
./temacs[0x815149e]
./temacs[0x815276b]
./temacs[0x815281c]
./temacs[0x8150f41]
./temacs[0x8151057]
./temacs[0x81512de]
./temacs[0x8150a63]
./temacs[0x8150f79]
./temacs[0x8152dcf]
./temacs[0x8150e63]
./temacs[0x8151057]
./temacs[0x81534d7]
./temacs[0x8150e63]
./temacs[0x8151057]
./temacs[0x815344b]
./temacs[0x8150e63]
./temacs[0x8151057]
./temacs[0x8150e63]
./temacs[0x8151057]
./temacs[0x81512de]
./temacs[0x8150a63]
./temacs[0x8150f79]
./temacs[0x8152dcf]
./temacs[0x8150e63]
./temacs[0x8151057]
./temacs[0x81534d7]
./temacs[0x8150e63]
./temacs[0x8151057]
./temacs[0x815344b]
./temacs[0x8150e63]
...
make[1]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Aborted
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/sdm/emacs/trunk/src'
make: *** [src] Error 2

-- 
  Kay Parker       
  [email-masked]

-- 
http://www.fastmail.com - mmm... Fastmail...