Subject: 26.0.50; Point becomes sticky after clone-indirect-buffer

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 07:56:35 +0100

emacs -Q
Make sure buffer *scratch* is the current buffer.
M-x clone-indirect-buffer
Move point with C-n, C-f and other commands in the cloned buffer (and
also the original *scratch* buffer.)

See the stickyness of point.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.5)
 of 2016-12-11 built on tm6592
Repository revision: 595a4d6bfd5aad79fb3ab681ae06f0739a4a5701
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
System Description:	Arch Linux

Recent messages:
Quit
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item
You can run the command `clone-indirect-buffer' with C-z l
Contacting host: debbugs.gnu.org:443 [2 times]
next-line: End of buffer [4 times]
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer, C-M-v to scroll help.
Mark saved where search started
C-h C-g is undefined
Composing main Info directory...done
Mark saved where search started

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 LIBSYSTEMD

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  semantic-minor-modes-format: ((:eval (if (or semantic-highlight-edits-mode semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode)  S)))
  moz-controller-global-mode: t
  moz-controller-mode: t
  zen-reward-mode: t
  nyan-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  global-lentic-mode: t
  lentic-mode: t
  ido-hacks-mode: t
  on-screen-global-mode: t
  wrap-region-global-mode: t
  wrap-region-mode: t
  keyfreq-autosave-mode: t
  keyfreq-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  timeclock-mode-line-display: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
Error during checking
Features:
(shadow bbdb-message mailalias mail-extr gnus-msg emacsbug sendmail
misearch multi-isearch mm-archive network-stream starttls url-cache
debbugs-gnu debbugs soap-client rng-xsd xsd-regexp reverse-theme beacon
checkdoc view page-ext erc-dcc battery cal-china lunar cal-islam
cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs bbdb-anniv appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs warnings emacsshot rope-read-mode org-timer org-clock
disp-table org-velocity dabbrev org-learn org-invoice org-elisp-symbol
org-depend org-bullets org-w3m org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-inlinetask
org-info org-id org-habit org-agenda org-gnus org-eww org-docview
doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-ctags org-crypt org-bibtex bibtex
org-bbdb exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm-config exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms
xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render exwm-layout
exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto xcb-types
jl-encrypt maxima maxima-font-lock moz-controller moz
org-section-numbers org-structure-as-dirs-and-files carry-region mw-mark
auxies-eww hacks auxies-rest org-supplements little-helpers bbdb-mua
bbdb-com gnorb-bbdb bbdb bbdb-site timezone bbdb-loaddefs
emms-librefm-stream emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit
emms-volume emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score
emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-cue
emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort
emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time
emms-lyrics emms-url emms-streams emms-show-all emms-tag-editor
emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info
emms-info later-do emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc
emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist
emms-source-file locate emms-setup emms emms-compat org-protocol
slime-fancy slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu
slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch
slime-presentations bridge slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl elp slime-parse slime
gud apropos compile arc-mode archive-mode hyperspec slime-autoloads
refine git-timemachine vc-git elmacro emr-c emr-elisp emr-lisp
list-utils emr-iedit which-func imenu emr-prog emr popup
git-auto-commit-mode nyan-mode sotlisp skeleton gnuplot info-look helm
helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib aurel url-http url-auth url-gw nsm
bui bui-list bui-info bui-entry bui-core bui-history bui-button
bui-utils cus-edit json map rase solar cal-dst gnorb gnorb-org
gnorb-registry gnus-registry registry gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig gnorb-gnus gnorb-utils nngnorb nnir gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls
gnutls utf7 netrc gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win nnoo
smartparens lispy hydra lv iedit iedit-lib multiple-cursors-core rect
lispy-inline semantic/db eieio-base semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet
ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util ediff edebug lispy-tags key-chord company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags xref project company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb company
magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff
smerge-mode diff-mode magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify
magit-process magit-margin magit-mode magit-git crm magit-section
magit-utils magit-popup git-commit help-fns radix-tree log-edit message
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-editor
async-bytecomp tramp-sh server lentic-mode lentic-doc lentic-ox
lentic-org lentic-chunk rx ox-texinfo ox-org ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri
rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns
nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-md ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-beamer
ox-latex ox-ascii ox-publish ox eww puny mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util
mail-prsvr url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap shr svg dom subr-x
browse-url lentic eieio-compat f s m-buffer-at m-buffer m-buffer-macro
ido-hacks ido expand-region text-mode-expansions cc-mode-expansions
the-org-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions expand-region-core
expand-region-custom browse-kill-ring derived form-feed page-break-lines
on-screen wrap-region keyfreq stumpwm-mode dired-narrow
dired-hacks-utils dash swiper ivy delsel ivy-overlay ffap chronos
notifications dbus xml ace-link avy camcorder dired-async dired-aux
dired dired-loaddefs async use-package diminish bind-key finder-inf
tex-site edmacro kmacro kotl-loaddefs screenshot-autoloads info package
epg-config url-handlers url-parse url-vars org-element avl-tree org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-octave ob-makefile ob-forth
ob-R ob-haskell ob-maxima ob-java ob-plantuml ob-sqlite ob-sql ob-screen
ob-J ob-io ob-shell ob-clojure ob-scheme ob-gnuplot ob-dot ob-ditaa
ob-lisp ob-css ob-js ob-org ob-ledger ob-latex ob-calc calc-store
calc-trail calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
cl ob-python ob-awk ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
trampver ucs-normalize shell parse-time advice ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ert
find-func seq ewoc debug .emacs-custom timeclock paren avoid erc-list
erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring erc-track erc-match erc-button wid-edit erc-fill
erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat
format-spec auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs
password-cache thingatpt pp time desktop frameset cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib cus-start cus-load time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1464523 258915)
 (symbols 48 87782 14)
 (miscs 40 8016 468)
 (strings 32 395228 71477)
 (string-bytes 1 11726697)
 (vectors 16 136560)
 (vector-slots 8 2125793 13470)
 (floats 8 6809 1045)
 (intervals 56 23699 90)
 (buffers 976 23))

-- 
Marco Wahl