Subject: bug#25164: 26.0.50; Concurrency: (make-thread #'gnus "gnus") Crashes Emacs

From: raman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 20:00:41 -0800

This is Emacs built from master after the concurrency branch was merged.

Evaluating the expression
(make-thread #'gnus "gnus")
crashes Emacs and causes the emacs process to disappear. Note: This does
not happen always -- I've gotten it to run successfully a couple of
times, but crashes more often than not.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2016-12-10 built on raman-glaptop2
Repository revision: 8816b47ad5b63226ddbfcb027390a85684261800
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Recent messages:
Opening connection to imap.gmail.com via tls...
Opening connection to imap.gmail.com...done
Opening connection to imap.gmail.com via tls...
Opening connection to imap.gmail.com...done
nnimap read 0k from imap.gmail.com [2 times]
nnimap read 3k from imap.gmail.com
Gnus is ready  [2 times]
Opening nnimap server on gmail...done
nnimap read 0k from imap.gmail.com
Hid 8  citation lines

Configured using:
 'configure --enable-silent-rules --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-modules
 --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  disable-mouse-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  elscreen-persist-mode: t
  jabber-activity-mode: t
  jabber-mode-line-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  dynamic-completion-mode: t
  dired-omit-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-voice-lock-mode: t
  voice-lock-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  midnight-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  display-time-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/w3/lisp/w3-hot hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/w3-hot
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/vm/lisp/vcard hides /home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/bbdb-vcard-20150713.1350/vcard
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-eww-20160521.1458/org-eww hides /home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-eww
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/vm/lisp/tapestry hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/lisp/tapestry
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/nm hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/lisp/nm
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/folding-prepare hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/folding-prepare
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/dismal-prepare hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/dismal-prepare
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/bbdb-prepare hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/bbdb-prepare
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/cedet-prepare hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/cedet-prepare
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/exwm-prepare hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/exwm-prepare
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/ssh-20120904.1342/ssh hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/ssh
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/eudc-prepare hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/eudc-prepare
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/eclim-prepare hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/eclim-prepare
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/emms-prepare hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/emms-prepare
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/touchpad-disable hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/touchpad-disable
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/fap-prepare hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/fap-prepare
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/company-prepare hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/company-prepare
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/go-mode-prepare hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/go-mode-prepare
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/csv-20161113.710/csv hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/csv
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/csound-prepare hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/csound-prepare
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/color-theme-prepare hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/color-theme-prepare
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/fff-prepare hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/fff-prepare
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/erc-prepare hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/erc-prepare
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/calc-prepare hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/calc-prepare
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/enwc-prepare hides /home/raman/emacs/lisp/site-lisp/enwc-prepare
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/screen hides /home/raman/.elisp/screen
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/emacs-startup hides /home/raman/.elisp/emacs-startup
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/lisp/.amarks hides /home/raman/.elisp/.amarks
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/console hides /home/raman/.elisp/console
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/edit-server-20141231.1358/edit-server hides /home/raman/.elisp/edit-server
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/isearch-customize hides /home/raman/.elisp/isearch-customize
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/advice-setup hides /home/raman/.elisp/advice-setup
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/x hides /home/raman/.elisp/x
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/function-keys hides /home/raman/.elisp/function-keys
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/gm-smtp hides /home/raman/.elisp/gm-smtp
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/tvr/auto-correct-setup hides /home/raman/.elisp/auto-correct-setup
/home/raman/emacs/lisp/emacspeak/lisp/tetris hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/play/tetris
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-archive hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-protocol hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-fortran hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-lob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-ditaa hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-js hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-plot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-gnus hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-matlab hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ox-ascii hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-sass hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-mscgen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-rmail hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-picolisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ox-beamer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-ctags hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-agenda hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-exp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-id hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-id
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-timer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-indent hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-makefile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-footnote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-irc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-lilypond hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-plantuml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-crypt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-dot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-R hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-eval hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ox hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-macro hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-comint hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-calc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-scheme hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-clock hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-ruby hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ox-html hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-attach hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-awk hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-mhe hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-python hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-macs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-shen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-feed hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-perl hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-info hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-info
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-keys hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-compat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ox-man hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-C hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-docview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ox-odt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-sql hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ox-md hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-colview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-sqlite hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-capture hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ox-publish hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-element hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-element
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ox-texinfo hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-java hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-inlinetask hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-tangle hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-mouse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-habit hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-entities hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ox-org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-screen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-octave hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-pcomplete hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-core hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-scala hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-scala
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-src hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-src
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-mobile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-maxima hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-haskell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-ref hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-datetree hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-version hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-version
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-list hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-list
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ox-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-eshell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-io hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-asymptote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-bibtex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-bbdb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-clojure hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-ledger hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-w3m hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-ocaml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ob-css hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-install hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-install
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/ox-icalendar hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-loaddefs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-faces hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org
/home/raman/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/org-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-table

Features:
(shadow emacsbug amixer magit-extras magit-gh-pulls gh gh-users
gh-issues gh-pulls gh-repos ...)

Memory information:
((conses 16 17699597 917766)
 (symbols 48 104752 42)
 (miscs 40 1257 3727)
 (strings 32 551265 195339)
 (string-bytes 1 23895322)
 (vectors 16 130035)
 (vector-slots 8 2699464 334114)
 (floats 8 2499 2359)
 (intervals 56 2276421 61080)
 (buffers 976 100)
 ...)

--