Subject: bug#25160: 26.0.50; SIGSEGV when reading undo-tree file

From: Pedro Silva <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 09:06:56 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> If it's relatively new on master, can you bisect?

OK, so I spent yesterday learning more about git-bisect and doing
multiple emacs builds from git that I ever expected to, and I'm not sure
I got somewhere.

git-bisect tells me that this commit

    commit 07efb140348b4a4015c69ed102a5fa216978506f
    Author: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
    Date:   Tue Aug 27 12:54:38 2013 -0600

        remove binding_symbol

is the culprit. However, after inspecting it, I confess I am not sure
how. Most likely, I tagged something as bad or good where I shouldn't
have. As the bisecting got me further away from HEAD and into a fairly
deep branch, building cleanly got more and more difficult, and I
couldn't actually replicate the crash anymore.

I will try to replicate this more thoroughly next weekend. I'll need to
come up with a robust way to build so that I can actually automate the
bisecting with `run'.

-- 
Pedro