Subject: bug#25158: [PATCH] A better way for test code to access messages

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2017 14:12:17 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Making these changes didn't introduce any regressions in the relevant
> tests, so I pushed them.

There is a new error when running under GNU/Linux from a shell:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
# make SELECTOR=\'file-notify-test03-autorevert-remote -C test filenotify-tests
[...]
Testing lisp/filenotify-tests.el
Running 1 tests (2017-02-05 11:42:33+0100)

Reverting buffer `file-notify-test141896xu'.

Error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
Reverting buffer `file-notify-test141896xu'.

Error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
   passed  1/1  file-notify-test03-autorevert-remote
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The test passes, but the error message looks suspicious. I've tried to
find where it comes from, and it seems to be the new macro
`ert-with-message-capture'. I didn't debug further; maybe Gemini could
have a look?

The bug is not visible when running the test interactively.

> Thanks.

Best regards, Michael.