Subject: bug#2515 closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> (Re: 23.0.91; Documentation of clear-abbrev-table seems wrong)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 19:30:03 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#2515: 23.0.91; Documentation of clear-abbrev-table seems wrong

It has been closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
2515: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2515
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 23.0.91; Documentation of clear-abbrev-table seems wrong
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: Leo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 14:24:50 -0500

> ,----[ (info "(elisp)Abbrev Tables") ]
> |  -- clear-abbrev-table table
> |      This function undefines all the abbrevs in abbrev table TABLE,
> |      leaving it empty.  It always returns `nil'.
> `----
>
> However after experimenting with it, I have the impression that it
> returns the number of abbrevs being cleared.

I've changed the code to ensure that clear-abbrev-table always returns
nil, as it did in Emacs 22.  Thanks.

Subject: 23.0.91; Documentation of clear-abbrev-table seems wrong
From: Leo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 14:54:04 +0000

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

I came across:

,----[ (info "(elisp)Abbrev Tables") ]
|  -- º¯Êý: clear-abbrev-table table
|      This function undefines all the abbrevs in abbrev table TABLE,
|      leaving it empty.  It always returns `nil'.
`----

However after experimenting with it, I have the impression that it
returns the number of abbrevs being cleared.

Please take a look at this.

Leo