Subject: bug#25145: closed (Re: bug#25145: 25.1; clipboard-yank and associated functions are broken)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 02:15:02 +0000

Your bug report

#25145: 25.1; clipboard-yank and associated functions are broken

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25145: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25145
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25145: 25.1; clipboard-yank and associated functions are broken
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 21:14:04 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 25.2

Thanks; fixed in 442e2f6.

Subject: 25.1; clipboard-yank and associated functions are broken
From: Stephane Chauveau <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 09:43:09 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I noticed that the functions clipboard-yank, clipboard-kill-ring-save
and clipboard-kill-region are not accessing the gui clipboard as they
use to.

In previous version those 3 functions were setting
x-select-enable-clipbard to enable the clipboard.

They are now setting gui-select-enable-clipboard.

The problem is likely related to the recent renaming of
x-select-enable-clibboard into select-enable-clipboard (so without a
gui- prefix).

The variable gui-select-enable-clipboard is set in a few other places
but, as far as I can tell, it is never used for anything.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
  of 2016-11-18 built on vogt
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description:    Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca

Configured using:
  'configure --prefix=/home/schauveau/opt/emacs-25.1 --with-x-toolkit=no
  --with-xpm=no --with-gif=no'

Configured features:
JPEG TIFF PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB X11

Important settings:
   value of $LC_COLLATE: C
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
   show-paren-mode: t
   display-time-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   size-indication-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
uncompressing menu-bar.el.gz...done
Mark set
M-s C-g is undefined
Quit
Making completion list...

You can run the command ‘describe-variable’ with C-h v
uncompressing select.el.gz...done
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
~/usr/share/emacs/xt-mouse hides 
/home/schauveau/opt/emacs-25.1/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/xt-mouse

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils pp jka-compr
windmove eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe find-func thingatpt
compile edmacro kmacro ido paren time tramp tramp-compat auth-source
cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr
password-cache tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete
comint ansi-color ring format-spec advice finder-inf info
chess-autoloads etags-select-autoloads xpm-autoloads package seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib epa-file epa derived epg epg-config disaster
generic generic-x time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 297179 14932)
  (symbols 48 28063 0)
  (miscs 40 107 370)
  (strings 32 48837 8668)
  (string-bytes 1 1295984)
  (vectors 16 43908)
  (vector-slots 8 786143 6898)
  (floats 8 265 274)
  (intervals 56 511 12)
  (buffers 976 23)
  (heap 1024 49084 1269))